The 2022 Very Green Hoodie - Preorder

The 2022 Very Green Hoodie - Preorder

Regular price $90.00 Sale

In a world run by fast fashion, we’re proud to offer a second season of our hoodie that's designed to spark kōrero about sustainability, while simultaneously looking stylish – and of course, supporting the Green Party.

After a hugely popular run of the Very Green Hoodie last year (so get your orders in quick!) we are excited to launch the 2022 version in a sleek jet black, featuring a vibrant green print by Waikato artists Kemi & Niko. Working with our friends at Little Yellow Bird, Wellington’s own ethical apparel heroes, we’ve ensured this hoodie has the same great design and sustainability credentials as its predecessor; with a provenance you can literally wear on your sleeve...

These new very Green hoodies are already onshore and will be printed and ready for dispatch to you during the week of 11 July.

Rain-fed cotton
Rain-fed cotton is better for people and the planet. Instead of using toxic pesticides and fertilisers, Little Yellow Bird’s factories rely on crop rotation, natural fertilisers and cow pee to keep the soil fertile and the pests away. The cotton is grown during the rainy season which means thousands of litres of water isn’t lost producing a single hoodie.

Sustainable water use
Over 1 billion people still don't have access to clean water, so polluting water to make clothes just doesn't make sense. Little Yellow Bird only use non-toxic, AZO free, GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified dyes. 95% of the water used in the drying process is returned to drinking quality, with the remaining 5% being used in bricks and road materials - a completely closed loop process.

Fair Trade
16 million people around the world are victims of forced labour exploitation in the private sector, many of which work in garment supply chains.  Little Yellow Bird work with only the best ethical factories who are GOTS or Fairtrade certified.

Minimal synthetic content
Currently 99% of textile products end up in landfills. 100% of the Very Green Hoodies are made from sustainably sourced cotton.

Water/soy-based dyes and inks
According to the Measuring Fashion Report, the finishing and dying stage of textile manufacturing accounts for 36% of the greenhouse gas emissions of the whole process. The dyes themselves are generally hazardous, so Little Yellow Bird use GOTS certified dyes and ensure all suppliers utilise zero-discharge water treatment facilities.

Recyclable garment
Although Green Party supporters are notorious for wearing garments until their last breath, with these hoodies you don’t have to! Rather than sending your worn out hoodie to landfill or the cleaning rag cupboard, you can send it back to Little Yellow Bird so that the fibres can be shredded, stripped to their natural colour and remanufactured into fresh garments.

Check the size guide below and get your order in today!

Please note: promotional images are photoshop mockups, exact colour of green print may vary slightly between different screens and the final product.

Hoodie Size Guide (measurements are in cm)

Measurement instructions:

  • Keep measuring tape firm but not too tight.
  • Measure your chest at the widest point, and your waist at the narrowest point (when you bend to the side, the crease that forms between your bellybutton and the ribcage is your waistline).
  • Measure over your undergarments only.
  • When choosing your size, go by the largest measurement and select the size that corresponds to that.